• November 5Friday, November 16th: Wynne VS Harrison

Yellowjacket

Volleyball Breaks The Silence

Tyler Jones, Publications

Brandon Goodwin, Contributor

The 2018-2019 girls Volleyball team make their way to state for the first time since 2011. Senior Levia Taegtmeyer says, “Going to state was the goal for the seniors this year. Wynne Volleyball hasn’t been in 7 years, and for us to make it our senior year is HUGE!!! I couldn’t be more proud of my teammates.”

Head Volleyball coach Codie Lancaster says, “I feel excited to get to take the girls to the State Tournament this year. They have worked extremely hard this year and have grown a tremendous amount since their first day of pre-season.” Wynne beat Westside 3-0 to guarantee a spot in the State Tournament.

Lancaster also says, “I think we are prepared for State. At this point of the season, it’s all about mentality and what kind of attitude you bring to each game. In order to win, the girls must stay focused and play each game like it’s their last, and leave everything on the court.”

Senior Volleyball players Levia Taegtmeyer, Molly Henson, and Tessa Boone, all have great potential of leading their team to victory. Molly Henson has received player of the match 3 times this year.

Junior Stella Myers says, “We have worked and prayed so hard for this. We are absolutely so excited and thankful for our teamwork, coaches, and community that support us! We are prepared for what is ahead. We know that there will be challenges, but if we show up and show out then we’ll be ready for anything. I absolutely love this year with this team. We all work so well together as a family. They are leaders that I look up to every day and every one of them will do big things in life. They have helped this team tremendously with encouragement, love, and determination.”

After a loss of 3-0 against Valley View, the Lady Jackets lost to Batesville by a score of 3-0 on Thursday, October 18, 2018. The jackets turned around and won by a score of 3-2 against Harrison in the State playoff tournament.

Set 1- Harrison beats Wynne by a score of 25-17

Set 2- Harrison beats Wynne by a score of 25-15

Set 3- Wynne beats Harrison by a score of 25-14

Set 4- Wynne beats Harrison by a score of 25-22

Set 5- Wynne beats Harrison by a score of 15-12.

In the Wynne vs. Harrison game, Stella Myers had 13 kills and 17 digs. Levia Taegtmeyer had 13 kills, 12 digs, 3 blocks, and 2 aces, while Molly Henson finished with 12 kills, 15 digs, 4 aces, and 2 blocks. Tessa Boone added 10 kills, and 8 digs for the Lady Jackets. Claire Pribble had 47 assists, 6 digs, and 2 aces on 15-of-15 serving, while Lauren Reed went 19-of-19 serving with 7 digs and 5 kills, and Carmen Davis went 17-of-17 serving with 3 digs.

Next, the Lady Jackets took on Pulaski Academy on Wednesday, October 24, 2018. The Jackets lost to Pulaski Academy by a score of 3-2. Set scores:

Set 1: 25-18 Wynne

Set 2: 25-22 PA

Set 3: 25-21 Wynne

Set 4: 25-23 PA

Set 5: 15-12 PA

About the Writer
Brandon Goodwin, Writer

Hi, I'm Brandon Goodwin. I am a sophomore at Wynne High School. I am a contributor to the WHS newspaper staff. I enjoy playing baseball on the weekends,...