The Student News Site of Wynne High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Colby’s-A Wynne Tradition

Colby’s-A Wynne Tradition

A Wynne tradition, Colby’s restaurant, located on 805 S Falls Blvd, caught fire on Thursday, September 6, 2018. Devastated due to the arson by the business owner, many people find themselves distraught over this loss because Colby’s now rests as just a favorite Wynne memory for seniors, sports teams, and local citizens.

“My favorite memory about Colby’s is when Mr. Watson took the staff to eat before school,” says Mrs. Kathy Mingo.

Wynne’s senior classes remember meeting at Colby’s on the first day of their senior year for breakfast and a class picture. Unless someone buys the business again, the class of 2019 remains the last class with this memory.

Rider McClendon says, “The one thing I liked about Colby’s is when they got Snowbiz because it added something new to the menu and helped out the business.”

Snowbiz used to reside in the shopping center by Cato’s and AT&T. Snowbiz had just moved into the Colby’s building this year.

When asked why she enjoyed going to Colby’s, Mrs. Mingo says, “They have a different menu because it’s not like a fast food menu.”

“There are not many places to eat in Wynne anyway,” says Mrs. Andrews, “And Colby’s was one of many people’s weekly rotations,” she chuckles.

Online reviews say most people rated the restaurant between 4 and 5 stars. Colby’s provided great food and service with the right prices. Colby’s employees treated customers really nice and they had good management.

Ali Alghaithy says “I enjoyed going to Colby’s because they have nice people and good food.”

Yellowjacket • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in