New Year, New Rules?

New Year, New Rules?

In the past few months, Wynne High School has undergone a change of administrators. Mr. Meek is the new principal working alongside Mr. Griffin, assistant principal. In addition to the changes in administration, there has also been a change in school rules. 

In an interview with assistant principal, Marc Griffin, we asked him about new rules, routines, and other changes to the handbook. He explained how everything works, and how he doesn’t have much control over what is put into the handbook. He and Mr. Meek are allowed to suggest changes to the handbook, but they have to go through the A.S.B.A. They can either allow it or deny it. 

Mr.Griffin discussed with us that he and Mr. Meek are taking the year to go over the handbook to take the issues and add new rules, or keep the rules the same if there are not any problems. He stated that the goal for next year is to have a more student friendly handbook. The effects of the new schedule have decreased the amount of tardies. The students have adjusted well to the changes in their routines. 

In conclusion, the change has affected the students in a healthy way. Tardies have decreased, they have adjusted to the new routines, and in the next year, new changes will hopefully be added to fit the modern culture.