A Sweet Ending To A New Beginning

A Sweet Ending To A New Beginning

Janiyah Rucker, Administrator

Johnny Peoples has decided to hang up his baton for good. 2021 will make 30 years of teaching for Peoples. Out of the 10 schools Peoples worked for Wynne High School will be his last. From musical director to choir instructor, Peoples touched many lives throughout his career. 

Peoples’ hard working and persevering mindset did not go unnoticed by his students. Kristopher Guest , a junior at Wynne High School, states, “ he was never shocked when I would do something good in choir. I feel he already knew I could do it and was just waiting for me to figure it out.” Even through this difficult year of COVID, Peoples did not let that get him or his students down. From Marked Tree High School to Marion High School Mr.Peoples has made his mark on many during his career. Jake Eldrigde ,a junior in Wynne high school, says, “This has been the hardest school year yet, and he was the emotional support that I needed.” Eldridge adds,”I used to be THE QUIETEST singer, but now I can overpower anyone haha. He taught me to embrace my voice, even when I mess up/crack.”

“The wonder of teaching is watching caterpillars become butterflies.” After watching generations of students turn to butterflies Mr.Peoples will travel to Gulf Shores,Alabama to live out his retirement. Nevaeh Jones ,a sophomore in high school, has a couple last words for Peoples, “I’m going to miss him next year, but he deserves to retire and go live on a beach as he always says. Have a wonderful retirement and remember to wear sunscreen.”