Mr. Easley Retires

Mr. Easley Retires

Brittney Perdew, Reporter

Janet Smith and seniors on behalf of all CTE programs presents Carl Easley with a certificate for his success helping to graduate over 4,000 CTE students during his time at Wynne Schools (Jane Andrews)

Mr. Carl Easley´s  retiring! He started his career in 1982. In Wynne Public Schools Mr. Easley began as a Jr. High teacher, moving to WHS football coach, and continuing as WHS principal, football coach, and superintendent.  He’s had many exciting memories with Wynne school and its faculty and staff. Mr. Easley leaves his mark on the Wynne School system.

Mr Easley says, ¨I started my career in 1982 at Wynne Junior High as a 6th grade Social Studies and PE teacher along with coaching. While I do not plan to leave Wynne, I will miss being part of the school system. My favorite memory is while I was the high school principal during the 2 years the high school was being built.  I got to help with the planning and design of Building 1.  Parts of the old building were torn down and students went to class in half of the building and in portable buildings. I have been a teacher, coach and administrator in Wynne for 39 years. If I could do it all over again I would’nt change a thing. In retirement I plan to spend time with my grandchildren, get better at golf, fish, hunt, travel, and spend more time at Greers Ferry lake.¨
Junior, Adrianna Parra says of Easley, “Mr. Easley is very easy-going. I thought it was cool that he would come up to the press box to stick his head in and ask if everything was going ok. I also remember being a Freshman and how nice it was to be the first in that new fresh space – clean, nice and very modern.  I am appreciative to  him for the part he played in providing those new amenities. We will always remember the impact he had on WHS; it sad seeing him retire.”
Mrs. Andrews says,¨I worked with him 24 years. He hired me 2 different times as principal. Yes – I have never worked in Wynne without him as my boss in some way.  When he wasn’t my principal, he was in charge of the CTE programs so he is who I went to about Television Production. He has always supported me without fail 100%.  He always came to the top of the pressbox to check on us and look in on the kids.  I’ve always felt like he was proud of them – us. He was friendly and had an open door policy for the kids and teachers.”  She continues, “I like that he was easy going and never got upset.  He listened, kept his answers firm and friendly.  His advice to me was always good advice.  But I think what I liked the most is that he seemed to trust me 100%.  Trust is the most important thing someone can give you.  I remember when he hired me the first time, I had to do a teacher evaluation at the end of the year with him.  He said – I’m glad I hired you, you’ve done a great job;  that was in 1996. I’ve never forgotten that he said that-encouragement makes all the difference.¨
Assistant Principal Dr. Sandra Smith says, ” I have known him for 30 years. One of my fondest memories of him as a new teacher is that he was so patient in helping me to establish rapport with students and parents.  My funniest memory is when he and Mr. Watson dressed as hippies and  did a dance to ‘Who Let the Dogs Out’ for the talent show.” Smith continues saying: ” I am most appreciative of his support of my pursuit of higher degrees by providing resources, interviews and documentation. ”   “As he transitions to new horizons may he rise up like the noon day sun at full strength in a continual pursuit of all God has for him.”