Stinger Robotics Advance To State Competition!

Pictured left to right:
Alicia Pintens, Tanner Wilson, Parker King, Sam Vaught, Jennifer Rahl, and Jordyn Rucker
Back:  Coach Jason Nichols - 5th Grade Teacher at Wynne Intermediate

Photo Submitted by: Jason Nichols

Pictured left to right: Alicia Pintens, Tanner Wilson, Parker King, Sam Vaught, Jennifer Rahl, and Jordyn Rucker Back: Coach Jason Nichols - 5th Grade Teacher at Wynne Intermediate

Brandon Goodwin, Writer

Students from Wynne, Arkansas dominated the Spring Henderson State University Reddie Robotics Vex IQ Tournament held this past weekend Saturday, February 15 on the campus of Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas! Teams of students from the Wynne Intermediate School of Innovation and the Wynne Junior High School participated in the event and both teams come away with top awards. The Stinger Robotics program at Wynne Intermediate was awarded the Teamwork Champion Award for becoming one of the top elementary schools at the competition during the Teamwork Challenge. This award got shared between the top two elementary teams.

The Wynne Junior High School won several awards at the competition. Their team also got awarded the Teamwork Champion Award for being one of the top middle schools at the competition during the Teamwork Challenge. This award also got shared between the top two middle school teams. The Junior High got awarded the Judges Award by receiving recognition for special accomplishments during the competition. Finally, the Junior High got awarded the Excellence Award for becoming the top middle school. This award identifies as the most coveted prize in the competition. It’s awarded to the team that best exemplifies overall excellence in building a high-quality robotics program. This team excels in many areas and shows as a shining example of dedication, devotion, hard work, and teamwork.

Sam Vaught says, “It’s been a great experience to work as a team where everyone can showcase their different skills.”

Winning these awards qualifies both the Wynne Stingers Robotics Team and the Wynne Junior High School Robotics Program to compete at the Vex IQ Arkansas State Championship held on March 7th at Arkansas Tech University! The Wynne Stingers Robotics Team consists of fifth-grade students at the Wynne Intermediate School of Innovation. The Wynne Junior High Robotics Program is consists of sixth-grade students at the Wynne Junior High School.

Parker King says, “Robotics can be stressful, fun, and rewarding at the same time. I am really looking forward to competing at state and feel like we have a good shot to do well.”

Students have worked on robotics at school as part of their STEM curriculum. STEM, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, has been implemented in the school to help students become innovators and fill technology-related jobs of the future.